Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Day one of 2016 Summer Institute

We are off and running for the first day. I shared the reflection this morning. It is a spoken word piece called, "Everybody dies, but not everyone lives." The group was struck by the different perspective this person took. Several key lines stood out, but one came up a lot, "Leap, then build your wings on the way down."

My reflection:

The dream has me. I love this way of looking at life. How do I make a brand new ending? We only have this one life; what is the path for me? I feel like I am on that path now that "I" have East, the Market, my research, etc. Marcus is inches away from graduating. I can still move around okay. Fighting for justice is my dream and I feel privileged to get to do that as my job. Not sure justice will happen in my lifetime, but the fight is a good one. Day by day, relationship by relationship …

No comments:

Post a Comment